Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Slighty heartbroken...



Today I found out that my super awesome rockstar beagle Suzy died. Words cannot really describe how very sad I am about this. For the past few years while living in rural America, Suzy was the one thing I could always count on--she was always up to hang out, helped me meet all my neighbors, was available to eat intruders when necessary, and was awesome at snuggling. For the past four months she's been living with my parents while I looked for a more permanent living situation, and last night she had a stroke and my mom had to have her put to sleep. My mom slept on the floor with her last night, took her to the vet today, and cried when the vet put her to sleep. (I asked if she held Suzy's "hand" and she said yes)

So my best pal, a crazy senile dog, is gone. It's weird how I think I was more attached to my dog than I am to some people, and it breaks my heart to know that I wasn't with her recently. Taking her for daily walks is what first helped me start losing part of the 75 pounds I've kept off, and having her with me during my recent time of crisis helped me keep myself together. I will miss her.

All dogs go to heaven, right?

1 comment:

Nike Athena said...

I wish I could give you a hug. Gus and Axo will keep Suzy company. They're all frolicking in wheat fields and eating all the stuff we wouldn't let them.