Sunday, August 16, 2009

Adventures of my weekend

Saturday: 15 mile run, nap, cleaning, laundry, bluegrass festival with Shawna. Turns out only elderly people listen to bluegrass... who knew? We hung with the 70 year old for awhile and discussed the surprising dreamy nature of a ponytailed guitar player. Here we are, enjoying some music:




Next we happened by a bar with another friend, did some dancing, and went home. Fun was had by all.

Sunday: Brunch with Shawna at a super sweet restaurant that promotes local, organic ingredients. A friend gave us a giftcard, so we rocked the free food today. Check out my kickass bloody mary and my delicious breakfast:





Oh I forgot to mention we found a Barack Obama mask at one point (yes, Barack, we can).

The thing about the restaurant was, it took forever to get in and so they gave me a bloody mary on an empty stomach. Next thing I knew, I was a wee bit tipsy at 11:30 on a Sunday. Oops. My breakfast was poached eggs on top of a corn cake with green chilies, jalepenos, avocado, and other deliciousness, along with a side of corn crusted tomatoes. Shawna had salmon eggs benedict. Also, we ordered a side of gravy. What can I say, we heard they had good gravy!

As Shawna said, gravy makes the world taste better.

No comments: