Sunday, August 2, 2009

Reality check

I seem to be forgetting what is important to me in life, or at least why it is important. Therefore, I have decided to assemble the following lists in order to kick myself in the ass:

Reasons why I want to run a marathon on October 5:
1. Because I can.
2. Because I never thought I would.
3. Because it seems like a kickass life accomplishment.
4. Because training for it will improve my general health and well being.
5. Because I love to run.
6. Because I already paid the entrance fee.
7. Because being signed up for an event like this will counteract my usual procrastinating ways (even though they haven't quite done so yet).

Reasons why I am awesome and should cheer the f--- up lately:
1. I am going to run a marathon.
2. I just ate a delicious turkey burger.
3. I am gainfully employed and not homeless.
4. I am a strong, independent woman and I do not need a man to complete me.
5. I love summer and the gloriousness that comes with it.

In other news, I have not been doing much other than working and trying to be productive. Last night I babysat my friend's four year old, who at one point said to me, "Are you fat?" I told her no, and that it wasn't nice to say things like that to people. Also, the power went out and I told her a very long story involving princesses, witches, kindoms, spells and robots so that she would go to sleep. I also cleaned for several hours. What's up, rocking Saturday night social life?

No comments: