Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy 2010!

So here are my goals for 2010:

1. Be happy.
2. Run more (signed up for a 15k in Salem on Feb. 7 as a method of forcing myself to work out)
3. Eat healthier (Shawna's roommate influence will not bring me down! Just say no to frozen burritos!)
4. Spend more time with my family (if a trip to England can be worked into this, that would be ideal)
5. Take control of my financial situation (thus making a trip to England most likely impossible)

I was feeling pretty okay about my financial situation (homelessness/unemployment of 2009 was really a kick in the ass) and then my car decided to freak out on me. The gas gauge quit working, and now the check engine light is on. I'm guessing this will take a chunk of finances and make me say, "Fuck you, bank account" yet again.

Pardon my swearing. Happy 2010!!!!!

2 comments:

Nike Athena said...

What is it with the fairly new cars freaking out?! Ours is "okay" now, but may prevent the trip to Baker.

Taking control of financial situation - great goal! I keep sabotaging our plans to do that. You can borrow our copy of Total Money Makeover if you would like. It's really helpful and breaks things down nicely.

Shawna said...

Excuse me, Miss America, but you were the one who bought frozen burritos this weekend, not me. Not that I'm complaining... But it was your idea.

The end.