Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Blah.

Why is it that sweatpants are so much more awesome than running? It's not even that they are, it's just that it's way easier to put on sweats than to start a run. Encourage me, please, someone, to not put on sweatpants so much. It's so cold outside. I'm so lazy. It's so cozy in my apartment.

In other news, I love finding random grocery lists left in carts. Behold:

Reg. Milk ----> juice
bread
cheese
tortillas
FRUIT
veggies
butter
meat ---> hamburger
cookies
pizzas
soup!
c. cheese

I have to say I really enjoy the enthusiasm regarding both fruit and soup. I felt I should share.

2 comments:

Becky said...

HAH! You crack me up!
As for the running, try this: get all "suited up" in your gear, hat, gloves, shoes and all. Tell yourself that once you're dressed, if you still don't want to run, you don't have to.
This is how I get myself to the gym. I tell myself that I have to at least walk in the door. If I get there and I still don't want to work out, I can leave. It works every time. Sometimes b/c I would feel like a total jerk walking in and then walking back out and other times b/c seeing other people sweating motivates me.

My guess is that once you're all dressed, you'll just run. Or you could tell yourself that you only have to run one mile. Once you get going, you know you'll just keep going.
You can also remind yourself that wearing sweats (and sitting on the couch eating ice cream watching reality tv) is so much more enjoyable after a good workout. Personally, I feel a lot better about judging the people on tv knowing that I'm not a total lazy slacker.
P.S. Have I told you your man is hot?

Nike Athena said...

I ditto Becky, she's a smart gal. I've been using a similar technique, but need someone to get me into my workout clothes. Once I'm in the clothes I workout, so my barrier is at a different spot.

Also, I wish my grocery lists were that enthusiastic. That was a fun list.