Tuesday, December 27, 2011

2012!

I was just reading my new year's resolutions for last year, and they were pretty funny. Mainly cause I don't think I completed any of them (except I did get Shawna to clean the bathroom a few times, so that seems like a banner moment!) Shhhh, we won't talk about that, 2011... Because 2012 is right around the corner.

I have decided to limit myself to 3 resolutions this year. I suspect I get overwhelmed with attempting to resolve things, and then I don't do them anyway. As a result, my 3 must be really good.

1. Stop being an asshole.
This is really the most important of all. I've noticed lately that I can be kind of an asshole. For example, when someone is stressed out about something, and takes it out on me, I'm kind of a jerk. Instead of recognizing that their life is probably pretty sucky, and perhaps I could be the person that is nice to them and changes their day a little, I tend to just be an ass. I would like to reverse this, and instead be nice to people even though I want to tell them to fuck off. (This does not prohibit me from saying "Fuck off" silently, to myself, if necessary to make me feel better about being nice)

2. Cook more.
I find that I tend to prepare meals several times per week recently, and I'm really digging it. Last year I resolved to cook one new recipe per week. Frankly, that is some bullshit. Sometimes I'm busy, sometimes I'm not. As such, I resolve this year to just make a conscious effort to cook more, and try new foods--resulting in eating more homecooked meals instead of eating a grilled turkey burger straight off the fork, while standing over the sink and calling it dinner. (Cue Beyonce's "All the Single Ladies" for background music)

3. Start a savings account, and actually put money in it.
It's no secret that the economy sucks, people are struggling, blah blha blah. I find I tend to spend money on really stupid shit, so perhaps instead of purchasing stuff I don't need, I can feed my savings account. (I suspect this is something people resolve when they are younger than me. Did I mention the shitty economy?)

I feel that these three things are all pretty attainable. Except maybe "stop being an asshole" cause I'm just really, really good at coming up with smart remarks sometimes.

No comments: