Monday, April 30, 2012

On river floating and dead bodies.

Hello, 2012!

It is our first post of the year, and it only took four months to get it published.  Not bad at all, wouldn't you say?

Well, the sun is shining (except when it's snowing) and the birds are chirping (except when those birds are geese and hissing evilly) here in Central Oregon!  Boy howdy, have I been waiting for sweet summer to come my way, and I can certainly smell the scent of its approach in the air.

Leslie and I decided to celebrate the warm weather last weekend by going on a river float!  You don't know this about me, but EVERY TIME we float I am absolutely sure there are dead bodies lurking beneath the dark waters, and I like to make these thoughts known to my companions.

Well, as we were floating last weekend, what do we see ahead of us but police officers on the bank, divers in the water, and nosy neighbors watching from a bridge...  Yes, we were those jerks wearing hot pink sunglasses and bathing suits floating through a crime scene.  We watched the news an hour later and apparently they were pulling a body from the water at that very time that we floated by, so that's pretty much one of my worst fears coming true.

In other news, I twisted my ankle two weeks ago and I am on a diet.  The two events are not related... or are they?  I'm an idiot and can't walk properly, and so I've been punished with a never-ending swollen ankle.  I am on a calorie counting adventure, and it's working out well so far!  But the swollen ankle is hindering my plan of daily bike rides with my pal, Leslie, so I hope to get that back on track ASAP.  I want to look like a Greek goddess by the time my ten year high school reunion rolls around in July, and I think that request is reasonable.

1 comment:

Nike Athena said...

Yikes!!! That is also one of my fears, though more related to walking deserted hiking trails as I do that more often than river float. I do not want to be the one to find a body.

Yeah you for making healthy lifestyle choices! You'll be a Greek goddess in no time!