Friday, December 23, 2011

Thankful.

I have decided to fulfill my homework for a writing group that Shawna moderates... Sure, it is a month late, as I was supposed to complete it for November. I like to be a rebel.

Things I am thankful for, for every day of the month:
1. Chocolate: yeah, that's all I have to say.
2. My roomie Shawna, because even though she is weird, she is a really good friend. And weird enough that she keeps me amused constantly.
3. Having a warm bed to sleep in every night.
4. Jean lunges, which make my pants fit even after coming out of the dryer.
5. Gluten free macaroni and cheese, which is kind of the best thing ever.
6. My family.
7. My friends.
8. My alarm clock.
9. A nice, steady run on a cool fall evening as the sun sets.
10. Thyroid medicine, which makes napping on my office floor every afternoon unnecessary (quite ideal as I'm pretty sure the carpet marks on my face were not cute)
11. My job, even though it makes me stress sometimes, is pretty damn awesome.
12. Really loud music.
13. The Golden Girls.
14. Neil Patrick Harris, who I wish I could marry.
15. The fact that I am alive and well, and wake up every day.
16. Laughing till I cry.
17. Hugs.
18. Cooking a nice meal for people that enjoy it.
19. Diet Coke!!!! (I know it is bad for me, but I do not care)
20. My parent's dog, who has the squishiest, sweetest face.
21. A good book.
22. Hammocks and tire swings.
23. Sunshine.
24. The smell of hot pavement after it rains.
25. The fact that my mother has gone to great effort to make holiday meals that are sensitive to my newfound food allergies, which is just really cute of her.
26. Being able to express my thoughts and feelings.
27. Still being in my 20s, so that if I am slutty I can blame it on that (note to self: should probably be slutty within the next three years)
28. Sweatpants and snuggies (completely unrelated to above)
29. TV shows that I can watch a whole season of in succession and not get bored.
30. Having people who love me.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Nike Athena said...

I'm thankful for you. Hugs!