Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Yay! Mini Shawna isn't lame anymore!

No longer is Mini Shawna addicted to video games and paddle ball! She has embraced leaping over hurdles, getting jiggy with it, and punching her invisible nemeses, all do to my completion of a 5k walk this afternoon! I mapped out a route that would take me the distance and past a lovely, squishy meadow and ventured off with my iPod in hand.

The ground was wet and puddle-muddled, but I felt such a sense of accomplishment as the kilometers were counted down in my ears. I even gave little bursty sprints at several points, but you can't really see that in the graph. It just seems like I got really slow at points! Maybe that was the case, and it just felt like I was going fast when I got back to normal.



So, there's my excitement of the day. I'm so proud of my 5k! At one point I gave an 11'17" mile which makes me feel awesome, but that time may be just because I haven't calibrated my Nike+ yet.

In other news, I had an interview for a higher position at my work today. It would be good if I got it, but I'm pretty sure I would have to work nights and weekends if I got the position. And that stinks, because I'm pretty spoiled by my lazy layabout lifestyle. Woo, check out that sweet alliteration! Anyway, I like weekends and nights for me, but I guess I'm selfish like that. I'll find out if I get the job in a couple of days.

No comments: